The Closing Process When Buying A Home In Augusta GA
Step by Step Closing And Home Buying Process For Augusta Georgia Real Estate Including Information On Financing, Values, Home Inspections, Comparisons, Termite Letters, & Closing Statement
1. First we determine a buyers needs for financing an Augusta Georgia Real Estate home and obtaining information on the best loan packages thru top ranked mortgage lenders to allow buyer better understanding of loan process, qualifying amounts, closing cost, and monthly house payment inclusions.
2. REMAX True Advantage Agent will provide all available Augusta GA Real Estate listings for buyers thru the Greater Augusta Board Of Realtors MLS based on their specific personal needs. Price, size, location, age, Augusta GA school district, style, re-sale or any number of other criteria that might distinguish the value and desire of one home over another.
3. REMAX True Advantage Agent will make himself available so that you may look at Augusta Georgia Real Estate listed homes according to the time your schedule permits. We can also provide a daily e-mail service that sends information on new listings as they become available.
4. Once you find the home that best fits your Augusta GA Real Estate needs, we utilize information that validates the value of the home, its history, and structural integrity. This is done by initiating the following:
Compare comparable Augusta Georgia Real Estate properties in the area to verify the listing price is within reason.
Pull tax information to view current owner history and tax value.
Request a disclosure statement from current owner to determine structural, mechanical and neighborhood information about the home during their ownership.
Request from the current homeowner or retrieve from county tax office a copy of neighborhood covenants.
Request from the current homeowner or retrieve from county tax office a copy of the property plat to show property.
5. Using all the necessary information an offer for a potential purchase can be made while always keeping in mind your needs as the buyer. A contract on a property in Augusta Georgia Real Estate is completely negotiable until agreed upon by both parties. With this in mind we present an offer negotiating any or all of the following: price, closing date, closing attorney, closing costs, warranties, right to request repairs based on an inspection, and any additional special stipulations that make the property more desirable for you the buyer.
6. As your agent representative we negotiate on any or all the above mentioned requests until a contract is accepted by both parties.
7. Copies of your final contract on Augusta Georgia Real Estate are sent to your closing attorney and loan officer so that they may give you the final estimates of your house payment and closing costs to prevent any surprises.
8. After a contract is accepted, we recommend a licensed home inspector to check for any defects in the home that might effect it's value and submit those to the seller for possible repair or compensation.
9. Within a 30 day period of the closing date on the house, a termite letter will need to be ordered on behalf of the buyer to verify the house is clear of termites which adds to the confidence of the purchase.
10. If desired a REMAX True Advantage agent will provide you with a variety of home owner insurance companies that will provide estimates on the best homeowner coverage of Augusta Georgia Real Estate or consult with you on someone you may already use.
11. Based on the closing date, we provide a list of Augusta GA area utilities and services that can be transferred or started in your name and to begin on move-in day to assure a smooth transition. Phone, cable, electricity, gas provider, trash pickup, and water can all be in place.
12. Prior to closing we will go over your final closing statement prepared by the closing attorney. These numbers are exact based on the contract, but we will verify those numbers once more for accuracy.
13. At the closing we will help, along with the attorney, answer any questions concerning the closing documents as they are presented to you for signing.
14. Congratulations! The buying process is completed and you are now the owner of a new home. Whether this is your first home purchase or your last we want to make this an easy transaction for you and validate any concerns. We will continue to offer services with any of your on going real estate needs as long as you own your home and keep in touch thru mail email and monthly newsletters.